Whether you are an overseas resident looking to spend time in Australia, or an employer looking for motivated, highly skilled staff, the JR Training Internship is a valuable pathway to success!
What is a 407 Visa Internship?
- The Training visa (subclass 407) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or professional development.
- JR Training assists people in obtaining sponsorship to participate in workplace-based occupational training through a paid Internship of up to 2 years.
- Through our Internships, we offer foreign nationals with an opportunity to live and work in Australia to extend and enhance their skills in occupations such as hospitality and trades.
- This program is an ideal stepping stone for people graduating from a CRICOS college or applicants with overseas qualifications or limited experience.
Internships are available across a wide range of occupations. JR Training are specialists in Hospitality and Automotive Trades. Check out the current list of occupations here: eligible occupations list.
How does it work?
Our training partners will assess applicants to develop a suitable training plan under the Training Visa 407. JR Training can facilitate an employer or prospective employer to become a sponsor.
The first step in the process is to engage JR Training for a 407 visa eligibility assessment by a registered migration agent.
Where an applicant meets eligibility criteria, we will arrange sponsorship for a 407 visa and facilitate the paid Internship.
Where an Intern does not already have an employer, we will match them to an appropriate Employer. We will work with them and the Employer to develop and deliver a structured training program within their chosen field.
On notification that the application has been successful, the Internship can commence.
Who is eligible?
Applicants can be either already in Australia under another visa or apply from overseas. Key eligibility criteria include:
- at least 18 years of age AND
- have recently completed a relevant qualification either in Australia or overseas OR
- worked in the occupation full-time for at least 12 of the last 24 months
- functional English of at least 4.5 IELTS
For more information about 407 visa conditions and eligibility refer to the Department of Home Affairs website
What does it pay
Interns are employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week at award wages for the duration of their Internship.
For information about wages and conditions, visit the Fair Work Australia website
WHAT IF IT DOESN’T WORK OUT?
If for some reason the Intern we place with a host employer doesn’t work out within the first 3 months, we will work with the Intern to find a replacement host, providing the Intern has continued to satisfy all visa requirements. There is no obligations by the host employer or sponsor to assist the Intern in relocating however, if the Intern has shown good intent and met all visa requirements, the sponsor will endeavour to assist to their best capabilities.
PATHWAYS FROM THE TRAINING VISA 407
On completion of the 407 Training Internship, you could be eligible for other visas such as the TSS Visa, ENS 186 Visa or RSMS 187 Visa. We will refer you to our immigration partners for any migration queries.
Summary of Training Benefits
- You will enhance your skills to meet Australian quality standards
- Tailored training program developed for your Internship
- You are significantly better off financially as wages are higher in Australia for many of these industries
- Partner can work 20hrs p/w
- IELTS is lower – 4.5 average
- No classes or exams
- Training Visa 407 may lead to opportunity for further stay via a TSS Sponsored Visa*
- TSS Visa may lead to 186 (ENS) Visa or 187 (RSMS) Visa*
You will need to provide:
- Your qualifications and/or
- Work experience information when required
- ID documents – (Inc. evidence of age – at least 18 years old)
- Health insurance
- Character documents
- English test to demonstrate functional English, within 12 months prior the application
- Evidence that you can financially support yourself and your accompanying family members if accompanied while in Australia
- Evidence of genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia
*Migration advice & Visa applications will be reviewed by a registered migration agent from onshore in Australia. Processing time may vary.